Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator
- Checking your blood sugar without breaking into a sweat or feeling like a failure
- Confidently deciding what to eat based on your own hunger and your solid understanding of how to keep your blood sugar right where you want it — without going hungry
- Looking in the mirror and feeling good about your body and proud of your ability to take care of yourself
- Cooking and eating one meal as a family, instead of making different meals for different people
- Enjoying your food without guilt, blame, or body shame
When you become a member of my community, you'll get off the roller coaster ride of diet-fail-diet-fail and learn to eat food you like every single day, without sacrificing your health.
Growing up in the South, I learned that food and love were pretty close to the same thing. My family used food — especially desserts — to relieve stress, cure boredom, and celebrate anything and everything. Almost everyone I knew had heart disease or diabetes.
As a young person, I was perpetually afraid of gaining weight. At the same time, I had learned to soothe my frustrations with food. I struggled to feel good about my body at a normal weight.
I made peace with the fact that I could not stay bone-thin without constant dieting. I didn't want to live like that. But I could stay at a healthy weight without starving myself
Exploring my own relationship with food led me to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and a Certified Diabetes Care and Educations Specialist specializing in nutrition for women and children with diabetes and prediabetes.
Today, I've helped thousands of clients learn to enjoy good food and get off the dieting roller coaster so they can show up for their families and friends with tons of energy and vitality. Life's too short to feel bad about your food or your body.
You're in the right place if:
- You're frustrated, and you feel like a failure.
- You've tried everything, and your numbers are going in the wrong direction.
- You know you need to change the way you eat, but you turn to food for comfort when times are tough.
- You really want to be comfortable in your own skin.
- Something's gotta give.
How Can I Help You?
All of my work with individuals includes a complete nutrition assessment, including health history, available lab work, and diet history. We'll talk about your concerns and take it step-by-step as you move closer and closer to your ideal eating plan.
Personalized Meal Plans
I can provide customized meal plans for any health condition or special dietary restrictions you may have. And…all my custom plans include recipes and grocery lists! Need meal plans for the whole family? Done!
Online Diabetes Program
Tame Type 2 is my online diabetes program, available for you if you'd rather soak up every bit of info you'd get from private diabetes education sessions, but work at your own pace, on your own time.
Carb Counting Mini-Course
Confused about carbs? You're not alone. If you need to cut through all the junk science and get “just the facts” about carbs from a diabetes dietitian, I created this course just for you.
I'm in-network with BCBS of NC (and other participating BCBS carriers), United Healthcare, and Medicare Please book a free call to talk about insurance coverage for your nutrition counseling services.
Virtual Nutrition Counseling
Online nutrition counseling appointments are available to those in my home state of NC as well as to people living in many other US states.
ONLINE or in Hendersonville, NC